"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/23/12

Katey's Mittens





Katey's Mittens

Pattern: Classic Mittens by Bernhard Ulmann

Size: Childs 2-4

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in heather purple
Content: 100% Wool, worsted weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 4.

Cast on: November 29, 2012
Bound off: November 21, 2012

Comments: This is an old pattern published so long ago it's now in the public domain. Some of the instructions aren't the standardized we have for today so I did get a little bit confused when working on the decreases for the top. There is a typo error in the pattern, for this size, after slipping the thumb stitches on a piece of yarn to be held. Where it says "There will be on needles... sts 3", it should read 30.





I don't really know why I chose this pattern, except maybe I knew where it was and could lay my hands on it quickly.



The yarn, as always, was a dream to work with.



Hopefully, I will be seeing Katey tonight at our annual Park family Second Thanksgiving dinner celebration. I'm taking the camera so I can get pics of her modeling them. We have this dinner every year. We all bring our leftovers and eat and laugh together.

I had a wonderful first Thanksgiving. There were just 10 of us, plus 3 dogs. Cable loves to play with her fur cousins. The food was amazing! I made Brandied Cranberries, Green Bean Casserole, Berry Jello Salad, and Pumpkin Pie for the occasion. Sue did the turkey-which was especially moist and tasty this year, mashed potatoes and gravy (her gravy is in a food group all by itself. Yum!), dressing, smoked roast beef, and Apple Pie. So much tasty tasty food! Afterwards we all watched Punpkin Chunkin on tv, then a movie.

I got some knitting done during this portion of the evening. The not argyle sock has a nicely turned heel.

Today I plan to bead a bit before we head over for more fun and food.

~~~~~~~~~~

ETA-- Here's Katey with her new mittens.



She likes them very much.



Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Knitting Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: knitters, knitting enthusiasts, experts, groups, circles, organizations, etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Knitting Community: http://www.vorts.com/knitting/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete