"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/27/12

Feeling Better Today

My lungs are feeling much better today. Not coughing nearly as much. It's a relief. Here is a picture of the first not-argyle sock.



Originally I had planned to knit the whole toe in navy, but I really like the striped look. The navy also brings out the blue in the pastel variegated yarn. I've already cast on the second sock and am halfway done with the cuff ribbing. I'm motivated to get it done!

I can't believe how early it gets dark now. The sun is setting before 4pm! We have Christmas lights on the house that are coming on after it gets dark. It helps some. Only 4 more weeks and the days will start getting longer again. Then winter really gets serious!

Today we had a bit of sun, though it didn't get above 36F. It came and went so quick. They are saying rain tonight. I expect it will be frozen into fluffy white crystals.

Started my Christmas shopping today. I'm not one to shop really early, or to do the Black Friday thing cuz I don't like being in big huge crowds like that when shopping. I admit, Sweet Hubby and I do most of our shopping online. It's just so easy to sit in my big leather hug in my jammies and surf web sites. I'll do some shopping locally, though. Some things can't, or shouldn't, be bought online. I like to do it during the week when everyone else is at work. It's easy to find parking and the lines are short. ;-)

I'm at a loss as to what to get for some gifts, but at least I've figured out a couple and ordered them. Once I figured out what my daughter, Ruth, wants from Santa I was pretty excited (that I knew-she is very hard to shop for). Then I discovered what she wants is almost impossible to find. I've spent literally days Googling and emailing shops trying to find it. I think I did today though, thanks to a friend who suggested where to look. At least, I hope so. I've ordered it. I'm hoping I don't get an email tomorrow saying their web site was wrong and they don't really have it in stock. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Keep warm.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment