"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/11/12

Shrugs With Fur


I was going to do a WIP Wednesday post, but I've got finished projects and a new pattern to show instead. Yay! I've finished a couple shrugs.

Modeled by my friend Rosie.

Fancy Flossy Shrug

Pattern: Fancy Flossy Shrug by me

Size: Ladies, 52 inches from cuff to cuff.

Yarn: Aldemir Lumos in Khaki Lurex
Content: Polyester and Metallic, bulky weight.

Yarn: Cascade Pacific Multi in Lucky Clover
Content: 60% Acrylic, 40% Superwash Wool

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular in size 10 and 15.

Cast on: June 24, 2012
Bound off: July 8, 2012

Comments: I had a lot of fun knitting this.

Work it girl!

It's a fast super easy knit.

Modeled by Rosie.

The second shrug is made with the same pattern.



Pattern: Fancy Flossy Shrug by me

Size: Ladies, 52 inches from cuff to cuff.

Yarn: Eyelash by Fan-Pel Collection in Multi Red
Content: Polyester and Nylon, sport weight.

Yarn: Caron Wintuk in Christmas Red
Content: 100% Acrylic

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular in size 10 and 15.

Cast on: June 7, 2012
Bound off: June 14, 2012

Comments: The fur yarn in this one is sport weight instead of bulky, but it worked just fine.

Stitch pattern detail



My daughter made one to test knit the pattern.



She actually used 3 different yarns in this one.

I love the textures.

The fur yarn is Aldemir Yumos, the thinner stripes are a bulky weight boucle' (Homespun by Lion Brand?), and both yarns were knit with a strand of an unknown worsted weight variegated acrylic yarn.

I've just published this new free pattern on my pattern blog. It includes instructions for 2 different shrugs with variants on garter lace. If you want the pattern, click:

Linky ---> Fancy Flossy Shrug


~~~~~~~~~~


We've had visitors this week. A mama and her new twins!



How cute are these two?  Squee!




Live long and prosper. \\//


1 comment:

  1. Nice shruggs. You've been busy.

    Awwwww - baby moose twins. So cute.

    ReplyDelete