"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/26/12

Ruffles

Just a quick update post. Yesterday I woke up with excruciating pain between my shoulder blades and up into the back of my neck, and despite ample pain killers, I haven't been able to get rid of it yet. So nothing complicated could be done. Brain not functioning so well. I decided not to take a chance on screwing up the butterfly shawl and took on something new and very easy.

Not one for Fad knitting, I am quite surprised to find myself knitting one of these scarves with the yarn that ruffles. My most favorite colors are in it. Couldn't resist.


You cast on 8 sts, then pull each edge loop through the sts and continue in this manner until you're out of yarn. Then bind off. Voila, you have a very ruffled scarf. Easy peasy mindless knitting, just what I needed. Don't know what I'll do with it when I'm done. It's not something I'd wear.

I also worked some on the Laura McCabe necklace. I've begun the embellishment phase.


I'm luvin' the pearls. The pic doesn't show it, but they are very shiny and bright.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment