"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/22/12

Purple Berries

I strung something simple to wear. I call it Purple Berries.




A close up. As you can see some 12mm fluted round Czech glass, pewter bead caps, crystal rondelles, and seed beads.



My daughter took some pictures of me and Cable for me. We started out posing and ended up wrestling each other and having fun.



Awwww...



"I wuv you mommy."



I wuv you too!



Tickle tickle tickle....!



We got snow last night. It's sort of been snowing all week. It snows, then melts, then snows, then melts. Last night we got 5 inches. It's melting fast right now cuz it's over 40F degrees and the sun has come out for a bit.

Last Monday it was a beautiful sunny day, but not warm. In fact, it was in the 30F's. However, I tried sitting out on the deck and knitting. It looked like it ought to be warmer! I had a jacket and 2 blankets on me and sat directly in the sunshine. I managed to make it through 30 minutes before the hands got too cold. I think I have a severe case of spring fever to do something that crazy.

Remember that knitting group gift swap I was participating in? Well, my partner sent me a package. Yay! I should have taken pics, but it's too late now. She sent me 2 skeins of Regia Jacquard sock yarn, a package of Yarn Bras, some chocolate (which was promptly eaten), and a cherry Pi. No, I did not leave the E off of that. I meant Pi. It's a Pi (π) shaped softie made with fabric that has cherries printed on it. I love it! It's so punny!

I am making progress on the February Lady sweater. I'm well into the lace pattern of the body now. I will have pictures of it in my next post.

In the meantime, stay warm.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment