"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman



Hi! I'm back. We arrived at our home yesterday afternoon. I then promptly got sick. Headache, sore throat, chest congestion, cough, a bit of a fever. I think it's incredibly cruel for a virus to jump on me that quickly. Anyway, I am going to try and kick this virus.

My trip was wonderful. I'll go into more detail and share a few pictures in a later post. I did get to see all the things I mentioned in my previous post, and more. Maui is so beautiful. It had absolutely perfect weather while I was there. Not only that but my sinuses cleared up, the asthma stopped bothering me, and I felt absolutely great. I really didn't want to come home. In fact, my daughter actually had to give me a shove to make that first step onto the plane. I told the flight attendant I was boarding against my will and  I just wanted her to know that. I would have stayed if I could.

We took the red eye home Saturday. We arrived in Seattle around 6 a.m. We picked up our car and drove home from Seattle. We were pretty exhausted by the time we got home. I'd been up for 2 days. I slept a little bit on the plane, but not enough to call it rest. That may be what gave the virus the opportunity.

Had an interesting home coming. It turns out we accidentally locked Lindy, the grandkitty, in my bedroom. She's not supposed to go in there. Obviously she snuck in while we were getting the luggage loaded in the car and whatnot. She spent the whole week locked in there. Fortunately for her, someone left my bathroom door open and left the toilet lid up. We hardly ever do that. She got water from the toilet, but was pretty hungry when we let her out. And upset. Wow, did she chew us out.

Lindy tore up the carpet in front of the bedroom door trying to get out. It's a mess. But she did not ruin anything else. She peed in the bathroom sink, and used the throw rug for a litter box. It smelled bad, but was really easy to clean up. I'm just glad she's okay. She spent several hours meowing loudly at us letting us know in no uncertain terms we were in the dog house. By morning she'd forgiven, though. I am wondering, though, why my nephew, who was supposed to be taking care of the cats while we were gone, didn't let her out. I will have to ask him.

I got some knitting done on the trip. I knitted on the plane on the way to Maui. In fact, I was able to bring my knitting in my carry-on bag both directions. I knitted a little bit just about every day. There were wonderful places to sit and knit around the condo we stayed at. There was a really pretty roof garden with a fantastic view, and there was the lawn overlooking the beach. And, of course, there was the beach too. I also knit on the balcony of our condo a bit each morning while drinking my coffee. I got the lace neck cowl done. Just needs to be blocked. I've also finished the knitting of the fingerless mitts I'm making my dad for Christmas. I just have to do some embroidery on them now, which shouldn't take more than a couple days. I'm going to duplicate stitch deer on the back of each mitt.

Well, it's late and I'm tired. I'm going to bed now. I'll post more later.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. She'll think twice about entering your bedroom now. :)