"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/27/11

Simple Woman's Daybook for November 27, 2011


FOR TODAY
November 27, 2011


Outside my window...
The sky is dark and grey. The trees have lost their leaves for the winter, and all is quiet out there. I see frost on my car. The cold has returned.

I am thinking...
that I wish I could enjoy my sleep as well as my grandkitty Lindy.



I am thankful for...
my house. It may be small, but it's warm and cozy and keeps me sheltered from all the nasty weather.

From the kitchen...
UGH. It's a mess. Dishes weren't done last night.

I am wearing...
I am being lazy this morning. I am wearing my black nightshirt with the lace trim around the neck, and my new leopard print fuzzy robe. I bought the robe to wear after my surgery cuz my purple fuzzy robe is looking kind of raggedy. I'll get dressed after I'm done writing and posting this.

I am creating...
Still working on the Wheat Rib sock pattern. I think I will make a tutorial on how to do the stitch pattern for the beginner knitters out there who might have some difficulty with it. I am also working on the Owling mitts, the snowman cross stitch, and Luis the seahorse. I've started a new knitting project. A cowl for a Christmas present. I'm thinking about taking it on the plane when we fly to Maui next weekend. It's one of those projects that would be perfect for a plane ride.

I am going...
to Maui! We leave next friday. We're driving over to Seattle on friday, spending the night at a hotel across the street from the Sea-Tac airport, then boarding our plane to Maui early the next morning. I can hardly wait. Temps have been in the 70's and 80's there all this past week.

I am reading...
I finished Invisible last night. It was kind of a disappointment to me. There were aspects of the plot I didn't like. The author uses this mystery novel to proselytize the Christian religion. Not what I read a mystery novel for. Other than that, it was fairly entertaining though I almost didn't finish it, but I wanted to know who killed the murder victim. This book was a freebie for my Nook. I'm glad I didn't have to waste money on it.

Now I've started Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason, another murder mystery. It was a Nook freebie too. I've not read anything by this author either. I figured since it was free I'd give her a try.

I am hearing...
a train going by. We live near some railroad tracks. Trains go by fairly often. Sometimes as often as every 10 minutes depending on the time of day. The track is a main line to Canada. Most of the time I don't even hear them when I'm inside the house. I've become used to them.

Around the house...
it's looking pretty good. I've been putting up Christmas decorations this weekend. Ruth and I got the tree done yesterday. I've put out some of my silk flower arrangements I've made with poinsettias and whatnot.

One of my favorite things...
is tinsel garland. I've acquired quite a collection of it. Some of it is quite fancy.  I think I'll see if I can get Ruth to help me put them up today. I like to put them around all the doorways in the house. It really makes things festive when they're up.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Packing, packing, packing! It's all that's left to do before the trip. I also plan to go to Rathdrum Knitalong on Tuesday, and Yarnies on Wednesday. I have my blood test on Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday I've got an appointment with my surgeon for a check up. This one will determine if I can swim in Maui or not. I hope he says yes.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
My lovely tree for 2011.


Live long and prosper. \\//


If you want to join The Simple Woman's Daybook, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Hawaii! Enjoy :)
    I love hearing the train. For some reason we hear it more when it is going to rain out.

    ReplyDelete