"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/15/11

Sunset in Idaho

I had a beading marathon on Saturday to finish this baby in time for the fair. Actually burned some midnight oil. I call it 'Sunset in Idaho'.




Here's a close up of the focal point. (Click on pics to embiggen.)




Some large firepolished pink a/b crystals, some 4mm white a/b firepolish crystals, some 3mm gold beads (literally gold.) and a couple purple iris 12mm fluted czech glass beads. Oh yes, almost forgot, some gold bead caps for each end of the tubes.

I made odd count peyote tubes for this part using same delicas and seed beads as are in the triangle, except the purple ab ones-those are size 11 instead of size 6.




A peyote stitched toggle clasp. At the moment, it really is my favorite type of clasp.




I'm looking forward to wearing this one, but not until after the fair.




Speaking of the fair, today is the first entry day so my daughter and I will be down at the fair grounds, in building 3, helping people enter their items. I'm hoping for an incredibly busy almost chaotic day cuz that would mean lots of entries. The more the better! ;-)

Live long and prosper. \\//

5 comments:

  1. Wow, LJ! It's gorgeous! Looks like a winner to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came out gorgeous. Hope you win a blue ribbon on it. If you don't, the judges are blind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this triangle, too (didn't everyone?), but yours is so far superior it isn't funny! Yours is elegant and beautiful. Hope you win first prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda you did a wonderful job on the necklace!!!! Good luck at the fair, I'm positive you will win best of show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is perfect for showcasing the pendant. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete