"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/19/11

Simple Womans Daybook for July 19, 2011






FOR TODAY
July 19, 2011

Outside my window...
its wet. A fast and furious storm blew in and dumped on us for 15 minutes leaving half an inch of rain behind.

I am thinking...
the summer is going too quick. I wish our summers were longer here.

I am thankful for...
life, however fleeting.

From the kitchen...
Ruth has just finished doing dishes. I've got chicken marinating in a pineapple/Mango sauce. I'm planning on barbecue for dinner.

I am wearing...
a pale turquoise v-neck t-shirt with purple and yellow embroidery around the neck and some navy blue knit pants.

I am creating...
my second Flirty Fir sock. I'm doing the heel flap now. Hurray! I see the end in sight.

I am going...
into Coeur d'Alene tomorrow for my monthly blood test. Yarnies has been cancelled because Andrea moved the shop over the weekend and she wasn't sure she'd be open yet at the new location.

I am reading...
Murder She Knits by Vivienne Fagan. It's about a woman who loves to machine knit and murder people. It's been very entertaining so far.

I am hoping...
the wet chilly weather doesn't stick around much longer.

I am hearing...
Caesar & Cleopatra [VHS]"Hip Hip Hooray!" on the tv. I've got a 1946 movie starring Vivien Leigh, Claude Rains, and Stewart Granger playing called Caesar and Cleopatra. I'm having a hard time believing they talked like that in ancient Egypt. Lol!

Around the house...

all the kids are napping, both fur and skin.

One of my favorite things...
Potatoes. It's good that my husband brought me to Idaho to live. I may have been born in Washington state, but I'm Idahoan at heart. I love potatoes. I will eat them fried, boiled, baked, roasted, blended in soup, chipped, chunked, mashed, shoe-stringed, and frapped on toast. Mmmm, potatoes.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
The blood test on Wednesday, of course. If she needs it, I'll help Andrea unpack all the yarn and put it on the shelves for her. I plan to take Ruth to see the new Harry Potter movie too, maybe on Thursday. We'll see.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

Aren't they pretty?



If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I knit also, and quilt, sometimes the two have to fight for time. We have dear friends living in Athol,would love to visit them this fall. Enjoyed your page

    ReplyDelete