"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/8/11

Knitting Update with Turkeys

In the interest of finishing my angel necklace, I didn't get as much knitting done this past week as I would like. I have some accomplishments though. I got the thumb figured out on the entrelac mitt pattern I'm writing. I am almost done with it. I will then test knit the pattern to make sure it's correct. I see it being done in about a month, assuming things go as planned.

I finished the first Mystery sock.


I cast on the second one right away. I finished the cuff last night and did the first 2 rows of the leg. I'll be glad when these are done. I have to get them finished by the end of next week, or I'm in deep doo doo (figuratively speaking).

This morning a flock of turkeys showed up in the front yard. There was a tom and 12 hens. I tried to take pics. They are so shy, it's hard to do.



The tom is the one in the foreground, in the shade of the house. Right after this shot, Tommy dashed out the doggy door and chased them away. They all flew up into the trees. I'm amazed how high they can go considering how large they are. Most of the time Tommy has to stay in until the turkeys leave on their own, but every once in awhile I let him chase them away. I don't want them to get too comfortable. Having turkeys hang around on a daily basis is asking for trouble. They can do incredible damage.

This is something weird. We got bits of hail on and off all day yesterday (along with all manner of weather). I took pics of a hail stone. It's about a quarter of an inch in width.



I need to work a bit more on focusing this close to something.

This morning the sun is shining and the sky is blue. I have my fingers crossed it will stay that way because if it does, as soon as it's warm enough I'm going outside!

Live long and prosper. \\//






2 comments:

  1. That's a very interesting and pretty sock. Also well knit.:-)

    I agree that wild turkeys don't even look like they should be able to get airborn, but it doesn't take them long to get to the top of the nearest highest tree. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sock pattern! We had an amazing hailstorm a couple of weeks ago - the ground was completely covered in little hailstones about the size of the one you photographed. The next day...snow. Spring is taking her good, sweet time getting here this year.

    ReplyDelete