"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/27/11

One Stitch at a Time

Since last Wednesday I've been plugging away on my knitting projects, one stitch at a time. I'm making slow, but steady progress, for the most part.

On Thursday I talked to Andrea about teaching a class on how to make Entrelac fingerless mitts for her. She was concerned that the fact my mitts are made with a yarn and color she doesn't carry would cause problems. That's easy to fix. Knit some using yarn from her shop. So she and I picked out a yarn together, I've set aside my own mitt project for now, and I started a mitt for display purposes in her shop to advertise the class. I'm also writing up my own pattern, since what I've got is quite different from the original pattern I started knitting. I've worked on this project the most since starting it.


We decided to go with Ty-Dy Socks from Knit One Crochet Two yarns since she has plenty of it in stock. I really really like this yarn. It is so nice to work with. I like the way the colors are knitting up too.

I also got back to working on the mint colored socks I've started for a gift for someone.


It's an interesting stitch pattern. I don't think I can memorize it though. It's 32 rows long and 32 stitches wide. Aww, but I love a challenge!

On Saturday we had the most awesome spring weather of the year. It was sunny, warm, and the air even smelled like spring. Sweet Hubby went for a 35 mile bike ride. Sweet Daughter decided to go for a long walk. I was home alone. So I took advantage of the opportunity. I dragged St Brigid out to the deck and sat and worked on her for a couple hours while soaking up some of those warm sunrays. It was heavenly. I got a few  more rows done.


Doesn't look like much for a couple hours worth of work, does it? This is going to be a time consuming project. I'm working off of 5 different stitch pattern charts on each row. Three of the charts are 24 rows long. You can see some of the cables are starting to show. I think, after a couple pattern repeats, it'll get easier.

I have to say working with Alpaca is a dream. My hands are luvin' it!

Today, after such a glorious Saturday, I woke up to an inch of new snow on the ground and it was coming down like crazy. All I could do was laugh. Mother Earth can be so cruel.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment