"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/21/10

Pink Mitts, Navy Mitts

Today we start with the Christmas gift mitts. I won't say who they're for, just in case the giftees read my blog.

Notwoven Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: Notwoven Fingerless Mitts by Zortified
Size: Womans

Yarn: Dream in Color Classy
Content: 100% Superwash Merino

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 6.

Cast on: December 10, 2010
Bound off: December 12, 2010

Comments: I love this pattern. The stitch pattern is fun to do and looks wonderful.


 ~~~~~~~~~~


220 Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: 220 Fingerless Mitts by Jessica Jensen
Size: Mens Medium

Yarn: The infamous neverending Navy Tweed
Content: Superwash wool/Acrylic blend

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 4.

Cast on: December 4, 2010
Bound off: December 6, 2010

Comments: 
This pattern is really good. I love the way it knits up. I thought it might be kind of cardboardy using size 4 needles with a worsted weight yarn but it isn't. It just feels snuggly and warm.



 ~~~~~~~~~~

I spent yesterday afternoon sewing 'eyes' on the owls of the Owling mitts. I used size 8 silver lined light topaz beads because owls should have bright gold sparkly eyes. They contrast wonderfully with the brown heather yarn.

I thought my fingers would enjoy a break from knitting last night. Nope. They were itching for the needles, so I dug out one of the socks I was working on before the mitt mania started. I am making them up as I go-in other words, designing my own. I really like the stitch pattern I'm using. It looks great. I think it might be unique too. I've not seen it in any socks before. I have seen it in a sweater though. I will definitely write it up as a free pattern next month.

I wanted to see the Lunar eclipse last night so bad. Stupid clouds didn't cooperate. While the earths shadow moved across the moon the clouds were dropping a very light snow on us. There was a brightish spot in the clouds where the moon was located, but they wouldn't let me see any more than that. Stupid clouds.

I've got Rathdrum Knitalong today. I'm looking forward to it. I've been trying to teach Ginger how to knit her first pair of socks. Socks are really very easy to make, but she seems to have convinced herself they should be harder. That kind of thinking makes it hard to teach someone something new. I'm determined to teach her though because I know that once she learns she's gonna love them. I can see 'sock addict' in her eyes, even though she doesn't know it's there yet. I'm hoping we'll make some progress today. I plan to sit next to her and give her extra attention.

Live long and prosper. \\//





No comments:

Post a Comment