"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/1/10

It's Been a Great Day

This morning started earlier than usual. My husband got up extra early to move the mounds of new snow out of the way so we could get out today. I got up with him for moral support, and to make the coffee. It took him 3 hours. It was a lot of wet heavy snow. I'd say at least 8 inches. He was so sweet about it. He even cleaned off my car for me so I didn't have to. Now, isn't that a great guy? I shoveled off the back steps and made it easier for Tommy to go out and do his business. Let me tell you, the snow is heavy!

As it turned out, it warmed up and pretty much rained all day long. So the snow is melting, fast. However, tomorrow the temps are predicted to dip down into the 20's and teens. As my daughter, Ruth, put it "That figures. Warm up and get wet, then freeze solid." I'm thinking about gluing tacks on the bottom of my shoes. I am extra worried about slipping and falling this year. I feel like if I fall something will break. I don't know why I feel that way, but I do.

I got the most amazing email this morning informing me that I have won a prize for NaBloPoMo. Wow! Suddenly it was all worth it. I have won a weekly organizer from The Unconventional Librarian. I am so excited!

This afternoon was the December meeting for Knitwits. It's the meeting where Jan, our fearless leader, brings everything we've made for the year carefully organized and labeled in large plastic bags and the different organizations we donate them to come and pick it up. We get to see how much we made, as a group. Unfortunately, I got to the meeting a few minutes late (stupid red light took 10 minutes to go through due to the extremely large quantities of traffic today) so I didn't get everything in the following photos, but I got most of it.



Here's Ruth sitting at a table and knitting. She's hemmed in by a pile of things for the I Care agency. They work to prevent child abuse.


Lifecare Center (nursing home) got 7 bags of afghans/throws/shrugs. I talked to the gal that picked up for them. She explained that they wrap the items we've made and give them as gifts to the residents for Christmas. They are delivered to the residents by Santa Claus. She said many of their residents don't have family in the area or anyone to give them gifts, so this is really special for them. Made me warm and fuzzy all over knowing I'd helped with this, in a very small way.

I am half way through the second sleeve of the Teal cardigan. I should have it done soon. I've already got plans for the next projects. I even bought yarn for them today, and needles. I'm going to make fingerless mitts for some friends for Christmas. More details later.

Well, that's the news for today.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments: