"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/9/10

I've Been Appreciated

I woke up this morning feeling kind of down. I was thinking about Silver and how much I miss him, and my eyes were hurting something awful. I suspect there is a lot of mold in the air right now, and I slept with the bedroom window open a little bit. Having a throbbing left foot didn't help.

Today I had Rathdrum Knitalong. For those who don't know what that is, it's a knitting group that meets at the Rathdrum Library every Tuesday at 1pm. We get together to knit, and I spend most of the time  teaching and helping the members with their knitting. I consider it my 'volunteer knitting class'. I've been doing this for about 1.5 years or so.

Anyway, as I was saying, I was feeling kind of down. When I walked into the meeting room there was a table cloth on the table and food including cupcakes (Yum!). It was a surprise appreciation party for me. Yes, me! They wanted to thank me for all the knitting help I've been giving them. Believe me, I was surprised!  And overwhelmed. I almost started crying. It cheered up my whole week! I'm appreciated. Isn't that cool?

Knitters are awesome people, that is all there is to it!

Live long and prosper. \\//

9 down, 21 to go.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It feels so good to be recognized and I'm sure you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to be appreciated. Well deserved I'm sure. Congratulations and I hope all the little annoyances in your life get better soon.

    ReplyDelete