"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/20/10

Internet Troubles

I shall be quick to post today because my internet connection is sketchy at best.

Today hasn't gone at all like I'd planned. First of all, when I got up we had no internet. We have DSL, which comes via our phone line. For some reason the phone line has a lot of static on it. This has been preventing the DSL from working. I called our DSL/phone provider. They are sending a technician out on Monday. They said something about water getting to the line or something like that. For some reason it has suddenly decided to work, though it's very slow.

I was going to work on the last of the French beading class lessons. However, I needed internet to do my translations to English. Then Sweet Hubby decided he just HAD to go out and spend some money. This happens every so often. I went along to make sure he didn't spend too much, and talk him into going with me on a couple small errands. I was successful on both accounts. I talked him out of a lot of expensive impulse buys, and I got my errands run. I also got some ideas for what to get him for Christmas. That was an extra bonus.

We just got home a little bit ago, and now we're gonna watch a couple Harry Potter movies to refresh our memory before we go see the new one later in the week.

I hope to post pics of the current state of the Teal cardigan tomorrow. Assuming the internet is working.

Live long and prosper. \\//

20 down, 10 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment