"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/11/10

Red and White Slider

I started this necklace a few weeks ago, then it got put on the back burner of my mind. Yesterday, instead of knitting (oh, the horror!) I really wanted to do some beading. I spent my free time finishing this necklace.

Click on pics to embiggen.


 I've used 10mm glass pearls in white, size 8 seed beads in silver lined red and silver lined light topaz, and 4mm fire-polish crystals in red and White A/B.


I found the pattern on a Korean web site. I've adjusted it a bit to fit the beads that were in my stash. (The pattern is free. The site sells bead kits for the patterns.) Yes, the pattern is in Korean, but I was able to figure it out using the graphic charts and Google Translator.

Here is a close up of the slider. It's done in Right Angle Weave.


My only problem is it wants to slide down when I'm wearing it. I haven't quite figured out how to make it stay in place and still be able to move it when I want.

The ends of the fringe were fun to make. Right Angle Weave boxes sitting on top of the pearls, which are attached to the strands with clam shells.


After dinner I still felt like beading. So I started something new.


I have no idea what that donut is made of. Some kind of stone. The center area is beaded with size 15's in peyote. There's an identical star on the back too. It's not done yet.

The 'challenge' for June in my Yahoo beading group is Cabochons. I'm using a donut, but applying a bezel to it. It will look pretty cool, I think, when I get it done. I wish I could find my Goldstone donut though. I would rather have used it instead of this one.

Have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Love your work. I have seen donuts done like that and thought to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are gorgeous, but I LOVE the doughnut! Is there a pattern available for what you're doing? I want it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is so intricate and beautiful...but oh, the donut...so far it looks amazing. I'd love to see a picture of the finished piece and what form it takes (necklace maybe?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your treatment of the donut. I have not seen this style before and it is very innovative. Gale

    ReplyDelete