"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/9/10

Happy Mothers Day

To all the wonderful mothers out there.


I had not done any beading, except for one little item that I forgot to take pics of (I made my sister-in-law a chain to hold her glasses out of some of the beads I removed from her mothers old sweater) since Christmas. I lost my desire to do any beading because of the swap debacle that has taken place in my life the last couple months.

Some of you may remember that last year I made 4 sets of beaded beads for an internet swap. Well, more than 7 months have gone by since I sent those beads in and I've yet to receive my swap items. I've tried to reason with the 'swap mom' but all I got in return was lots of verbal abuse and trouble. I doubt any of us will ever see the beads, so I have given up on it. (I am never doing an internet swap again.) Anyway, I joined a new-to-me beading group on Yahoo (not a swapping group) and they have been an inspiration.

I made myself a ring, which I finished last night. Purple, of course.



The band is just simple peyote. The rest is loop fringe using size 11 seed beads and size 2 bugles, with an 8mm firepolish czech crystal in the middle.



My ring was inspired by this one, which I found at Pier One Imports.



My construction technique is not as nice as theirs. I'm going to modify that  with the next one.

I got most of my dahlias and lilies planted yesterday. I am quite pleased with that. I debated whether to do so or not because we're still having ice in the morning, but they are safely under ground and I fully expect this cold spell we're having to go away in a day or two. After all, its Mothers Day today. We're supposed to be able to plant now (sigh).

I don't have any plans for today. I can't knit right now because I strained my right thumb while gardening yesterday and it hurts like heck to knit. Perhaps I'll do some more beading. The sun is shining right now, and if it warms up enough I could sit out on the deck while doing it. Sounds nice, doesn't it?

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment