"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/20/10

Whew! Big Cat!

We are having big cat problems on the Parkarosa (I've been wondering where all the moose have gone). Earlier this evening my niece heard a big cat (cougar or linx) killing someones dog, or perhaps a coyote, up on the hill just behind her house. That's all we need. A cougar sneaking around. As I've said before, they're one of the few wild animals I'm actually afraid of because there isn't really anything you can do if you run into one who wants to attack you. One of my nephews is going to see if he can track it down tomorrow. I suspect he'll shoot it if he finds it. In the meantime, the fur boys are on lock-down. They can only go out accompanied by a human. And no running around the yard at night. I've put the safety gate up. As beautiful as they are, big cats are scary and have an appetite for small dogs.

We've been having the most wonderful weather the past couple days. It actually got up into the upper 70's. I've done a great deal of knitting outside on the deck. I finished knitting the cat hat this evening. I will not take pics until I've blocked it first. I need to find something to put it on to block it.

I found I enjoy fairisle if I can do it outdoors to the sounds of birds singing. I also read up on fairisle in a couple books which helped me do it better. That might have something to do with liking it more too. I haven't done very much fairisle knitting since college. I'm out of practice. I do it by throwing both colors with the right hand. I can do the one-color-in-one-hand-the-other-color-in-the-other-hand method, but I don't like doing it that way. Doing both colors in the same hand is slower, but more comfortable for me.

I'm glad the hat is done cos now I can start a sweater for my son-in-law. I should probably finish one of the pairs of socks I'm working on first, but I like taking socks for KIPing, so that's what I'll do.

I'm about half done with the lace shrug. I'm really enjoying it. I can do the 6 row stitch pattern without even thinking now. It's coming along nicely.

Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment