"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/11/10

Signs of Spring`2010

I saw my first robin. So, even though as I write this wet snow mixed with rain is falling outside and getting my car all slushy, I know spring is here. Some signs.

My Bleeding Heart has sprouted.






So has my Iceland Poppy



My Chive plant






A Pine bud





And the Pussy Willow bush down the hill.





That last one was taken with my telephoto lens. The nearest branch with any fuzzies on it was over 8 feet high. Moose like Pussy Willows so they've eaten everything lower.

I'm still coughing. Nuff said.

Something amazing happened yesterday, but I'm not going to write about it until the paper work has been sign, sealed, and delivered. Just know that I am very excited, and happy.

I need to start a new pair of socks in the worst way. I promised someone my next sock project would be test knitting her new pattern, but I don't have the yarn and I haven't been able to go get it with this horrible cough cramping my style. So I've decided to start something with stash yarn to work on until I can get to the yarn shop.

I want to do another more complicated textured pattern, so I chose Rick from Cookie A's Sock Innovations. (I remembered to go get the errata off the Interweave web site for it too.) The pattern has a 60 stitch cast on. I've decided to do 72. I'll have to figure out how I'm going to deal with those extra stitches when I get to the heel. Anyway, the twisted rib cuff for the first sock is done.





I am using my Blackberry superwash merino from Impulse of Delight for these socks. I'm luvin' it!

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment