"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/2/10

Belated and Bambooed

Hello Blog land. I am still coughing and wheezing like crazy. But the rest of me is starting to feel human again. I have not had a cough this bad in a long time. It is getting better though. I have periods when there is no tickle in the chest today.

Yesterday was my Blogiversary. I was coughing too much to even think about posting. I want to have a contest in celebration just like I have before. But I'm going to wait until I feel better. I don't even know what I want the prize to be yet. Suggestions would be appreciated in the comments.
On the knitting front, I finished the Bamboo socks last night.



Pattern: 4x2 Garter Rib by me
Yarn: On Your Toes Bamboo by S.R. Kertzer
Color: Iris Print
Content: 75% Bamboo/25% Nylon
Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 2.
Size: Ladies Medium (size 8.5 shoe)
Cast on: August 4, 2009
Bound off: March 1, 2010

Comments: I really like working with this yarn but there's not as much yardage as there is with wool. 328 yards to 100 grams, as apposed to 400-450 yards from wool. So be advised, if you have large feet. I just used my basic sock pattern with a 4x2 Garter Rib. Nuthin' fancy.

I think it's funny that the cuffs, heels, and toes match perfectly, but the striping in between is different.




There wasn't very much yarn left either. I was sweating a bit on the last bit of foot.



I have told someone on Ravelry that I would test knit her new Star Trek sock pattern next. Unfortunately, they're made with DK weight yarn, so I will have to go yarn shopping first. Darn! ;-)

Have a nice evening.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete