"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/2/10

Simple Woman's Daybook for February 2, 2010


FOR TODAY
February 2, 2101

Outside my window...
Dripping wet and gray. No snow, just rain. The tractor is the brightest thing out there with it's green paint job and bright yellow trim.

I am thinking...
I need to get busy in the kitchen soon.

I am thankful for...
scotch tape. It really is a remarkable invention if you think about it.

From the kitchen...
I'm baking a cake today. It's my turn to take dessert to the Knitwits meeting. It's also my birthday week, so I'm going to make my favorite-Velvet Spice with cream cheese frosting.

I am wearing...
blue jeans and a purple top.

I am creating...
the second bamboo sock. I'm well into the leg now.

I am going...
to Rathdrum Knitalong this afternoon. It will be interesting to see how the sock knitters are doing.

I am reading...
old beading magazines of late. I'm looking for a ring pattern. I can see it in my mind, but I can't remember what issue it's in.

I am hoping...
to finish the baby cardigan today. I'm taking it with me to the Knitalong meeting to work on it. All I have to do is sew in the sleeves and the side seams, oh, and put on some buttons. I need to dig in the button box and find something appropriate.

I am hearing...
Sigmund Freud trying to tell Data what his nightmares mean. He's failing miserably. Yes, I've got Star Trek The Next Generation on. Syfy is having a marathon today. Woot!

Around the house...
there is a marked decrease in the number of boxes stacked around here. Ruth is making good progress unpacking.

One of my favorite things...
When all the fur kids are asleep. They are all quietly snoozing right now. Chenille is curled up on my lap. She looks so sweet and innocent when she's sleeping.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Lets see, tomorrow is Knitwits, then my knitting class on Thursday. I'm going to finish that baby cardigan for certain. I also want to get back to work on the Mystery Shawl. I've decided to frog it and redo it with darker colored beads. It's become quite evident that the beads need to show up in the design.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
BAZINGA!!!



If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment