"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/26/10

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 26, 2010



FOR TODAY

January 26, 2010

Outside my window...
It's gray and dreary, but I see a brightness in the clouds. They say it's supposed to be a sunny day. Maybe they are right?

I am thinking...
that I am an idiot for not taking Beano before eating last nights 15 Bean soup for dinner. What was I thinking, or rather-why wasn't I thinking?

I am thankful for...
my daughter Ruth. I know she's been going through a tough time lately. Even still, she is full of kindness for others. I'm also thankful she knits now so we have something in common to share.

From the kitchen...
No more bean soup for me! I'm making meatloaf tonight. My meatloaf is good. One of my best dishes. My kids have told me I make the best meatloaf in the world.

I am wearing...
Believe it or not, my purple fuzzy bathrobe and night gown. I know, it's after noon! I'm being a lazy one today.

I am creating...
as always. Couldn't have a day without digging out something creative to do. I am now to my favorite part of the cross stitch snowman-back stitch outlining. Yes! I get all excited when I'm doing it. Most stitchers hate this part. For me, the picture comes to life at this stage. My little snowman's personality is starting to show.

I am going...
no where today. I suppose, if that sunshine actually comes out I might brave the cold and go sit on the deck to soak some up. I actually got to do that last Thursday. I sat in the sun and knitted, until the sun went behind the house. Then the deck got too cold. It was the best 20 minutes of the week.

I am reading...
all the time. Not just novels, but non-fiction too, and magazines, internet articles, blogs, Facebook. I'm so glad I know how to read. I can't imagine living without that ability.

I am hoping...
I remember to take a fork to the Yarnies meeting tomorrow. I hear there will be peach pie for those who do.

I am hearing...
The yowling of two female cats trying to be top Diva in the house. Girls! Girls! This has GOT to stop. I'M top Diva in this house!

Around the house...
Doggy chews and cat toys. My goodness, it's like living with five 2-year olds. I will be so glad when spring gets here!

One of my favorite things...
Sitting in my favorite chair and browsing through my knitting books. I get so inspired. I looked through Viking Patterns for Knitting yesterday. Love this book!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
The usual-Yarnies, Knitting class on Thursday, laundry, cleaning house, finishing the snowman so I can start the next one, finishing sleeve two for the baby cardigan. No boredom in this life!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
A poem to go with it:

Sock one
Is done



Have a great day.

If you want to join the Simple Woman's Daybook, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment