"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/12/10

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 12, 2010


FOR TODAY
January 12, 2010...

Outside my window...
It's all gray, dreary, and raining.

I am thinking...
It's a soup kind of day.

I am thankful for...
comedians. I love to laugh and some of them are really good at making me do so.

From the kitchen...
Split Pea soup is in the crock pot for tonights dinner. I'm going to make biscuits to go with it.

I am wearing...
T-shirt and knit pants. I have nowhere to go today. Might as well be comfortable.

I am creating...
Making progress on the baby sweater. I got the first piece done last night. It's going to be so cute!

I am going...
to Yarnies tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to it. I am hoping to take Ruth with me.

I am reading...

People of the Silence. It's a story about the Anasazi people, before the white man came to north America.

I am hoping...
my daughter Ruth is happier today than she was a week ago. Sweet Hubby and I are trying to create a place that feels extra safe and loving for her here at home. She's so down. We need to pull her up.

I am hearing...
a train going by on the tracks nearby. It's making the house rumble. The air is carrying the sound waves especially well today.

Around the house...

cat and dog toys-all over the floor. Gotta keep them entertained in the winter because it's too cold and wet to have fun outside.

One of my favorite things...
Beautiful orchestral music. Nothing stirs me up inside like the sound of an orchestra in perfect harmony. I miss the days when I used to play second violin in the orchestra in college. All that harmonious sound swirling around me. Sigh.... fun times!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Work on the knitting projects, cross stitch, and maybe a bit of beading. Ah yes, and hemming some pants. There are days when being short is a curse.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

The back of the baby sweater.



Have a nice day.

If you want to join the Simple Woman's Daybook, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment