"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/31/09

MMKKMMystery Shawl KAL

I want to knit more lace in the coming year. So I'm going to start out with a mystery shawl knit along hosted by Leo Pola. He designs the most beautiful lace shawl patterns.

I have decided to use this yarn for the shawl, along with these size 8 seed beads (though I may change my mind on the bead color cos I'm not totally convinced of this choice)


The yarn is Mary Lue Solo, a 3ply light fingering weight 100% Acrylic in Lilac. I've had this yarn in the stash for a very long time. I used Mary Lue Solo quite a bit in my machine knitting days. It's a very nice quality yarn. I just love this shade of lilac.

The KAL starts January 1, 2010-tomorrow. Leo will be posting one clue a week for 8 weeks. I am looking forward to it. If you might be interested in joining me, check it out.

It is snowing out. It snowed yesterday, all day long, but it was those itty bitty teeny tiny fluffy flakes that take a lot to amount to anything. After all day we had barely an inch. Still, Sweet Hubby felt the need to plow the driveway with his new tractor. This evening the flakes are bigger, wetter-more like snowman making snow.

We are going to a party tonight. It is nephew Shawns birthday as well as New Years Eve. I am trying a new recipe for hors d'oeurves involving Pillsbury pie crust and meat filling. I will let you know how it turns out.

Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment