"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/25/09

RIP Purple Kitty Mug


It's gonna be one of those days. Last night I accidentally broke my coffee mug. My hand-crafted-by-a-local-artisan-so-it-was-darn-expensive-but-oh-so-cool purple kitty ceramic coffee mug. I've been using that mug for my coffee every morning for years and years. So long I can't remember when I bought it. Sigh. My morning coffee just isn't the same in a Hawaii souvenir mug. I see a trip to the Christmas Craft show in Spokane next November in my future-in hope the artist will be there so I can beg her to make me another one. Chances are slim-that she'll be there......phooey!

It's funny how attached we get to things.

I have been a shamelessly bad girl. I ordered 3 new beading books from Amazon to enhance my library. 3 books. I need more beading books like I need a hole in my head. However, they are all wonderful wonderful books, so I won't be sending them back for a refund.

Seed Bead Fusion: This is a brand new release by Rachel Nelson-Smith. It has her famous Ootheca Cuff bracelet pattern in it. There are projects for both wire and thread. I think it's an important addition to my collection of 3 dimensional beading education. The instructions and diagrams are good, and it is one of those books that gets my creative juices going.



The Beaded Sphere by Judy Walker: I'm not sure why I wanted this book so bad, but I did. I think it was the picture on the cover. And what a cool book it's turned out to be. The author, Judy Walker, takes us step by step in great detail on weaving 3 dimensional stand alone geometric shaped objects, sculpture, as well as jewelry. I am very impressed with how good this book is. Definitely a must in a bead weaving library.



The Art of Beadwork by Valerie Hector.This is a good book for learning about the different types of bead work from around the world-both ancient and modern. There are some wonderful photographs of beaded pieces from all over the world. There are projects in it, but the book is more about how to design your own using various ideas and techniques than just being a book about how to recreate specific projects. A good book for inspiring and releasing the designer in a person.


The week has been busy. I've been trying to organize and clean, as well as get ready to empty the sun room so we can rip out the carpet in there and lay more bamboo. I've been boxing up books (my knitting library is in there) and nicknacks, and all the stuff on/in my desk. We have a LOT of stuff! I need to get rid of some of it, and get some cabinets or something to keep the rest of it. I want so bad to have an organized house, but organizing it, then maintaining that organization is one of those things I am not good at.

The padding for our new area rug arrived Thursday, so we've laid it all down in the living room.


This is the matching runner between the couch and the dining room.



This is a close up of one of the moose on the rug.



The boys got all excited when I was taking the pictures. They wanted their picture taken too, so I obliged.

Morgan


Tommy


I've got a lot to do today, so I better get busy. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment