"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/6/09

Crystal Blues

I had a wonderful 4th of July. The Parks gathered at my sister in laws cabin on Twin Lakes for good food, fun, and lazing in the lake. I took my inflatable recliner and sat in it so my butt was submerged in water, cold drink in hand, for quite some time. It was HOT! Over 100F at my house (a few degrees cooler at the lake).

On the 5th I decided to bead. I've joined a beading swap again (I love me a good beading swap) and the subject is Beaded Beads. I have to make sets of 5 beads. Haven't decided how many sets I'm going to make yet. I guess it well depend on what I can get done between now and the deadline of the end of September.

The first set of 5 is done. A study in netting and peyote, I present Crystal Blues.



I perfected the pattern I did for Vanilla Creme. Well, it's not perfect yet, but it's darn close. Need to make one more little adjustment for perfection. For now, a spot of glue worked.


The 4 matching beads are done in single needle Right Angle Weave. I couldn't find a pattern that did this. They're all 2-needle Right Angle Weave, so I had to wing it. I like the results.

The complete set.


I need to get some more crystals if I'm gonna make anymore of these. My supply of large quantities of specific colors is limited. Well, all I've got left now is light topaz. Pink. I want pink. Hmmm, I see a trip to the bead store in my future.

Have a good day.


~~~~~~~~~~


2 comments:

  1. I really like your beaded beads! Is that your own pattern, and is it available for purchase?

    Thanks!

    terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a larger version of this pattern by Pencio. It's in 2-needle RAW. It's only available to members of the French beading forum L'Ile Aux Perles:

    http://www.ileauxperles.com/forums/

    I want to figure out how to draw schematics for this kind of pattern myself, and plan to do so. But it's gonna take me some time.

    ReplyDelete