"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/29/09

It Was Like a Fairy Tale

My daughters wedding was so beautiful! Everything went perfectly. The weather was perfect. Not too hot and not too cold to be on a ship. The wind was not too strong, so the trip was smooth. The ceremony was wonderful. Everything was perfect. The cake was delicious, the guests had loads of fun, and now I'm exhausted. I just wish I had the pics.

The wedding was held on the Mish-a-nock. A ship owned by the Coeur d'Alene Resort for weddings, dinner cruises, and whatnot. It sails on Lake Coeur d'Alene. Wow, what a beautiful place to have a wedding! Once everyone was on board the captain took the ship to a place that was not windy. He stopped, we had the ceremony on the upper deck, and then he took us all on a 2 hour cruise around the lake.

On the lower deck we had a buffet dinner and tables all set up. The food was stupendous. Macadamia nut encrusted fish, garlic mashed potatoes, mango salsa, steamed carrots, fresh fruit salad, green salad, and of course-wedding cake.

After eating, the bride and groom introduced the 'games' portion of the reception. They layed out a Twister Mat and started playing.

One of my jobs was to provide the prizes. Two weeks before I went to the Dollar store and bought a whole bunch of cheap but fun things (items such as bungee cords, duct tape, 8-piece screwdriver set, scented candles, pretty picture frames, kitchen doodads, car wash mitts, etc etc). They were on display, all individually wrapped, in a large basket. We had board games and card games. The guest played, and the winners got to pick a prize. It was the funnest thing I've ever done at a wedding. Everyone had a blast. In fact, we were having such a great time the captain consented to give us another 1 hour tour so it could continue.

As far as taking pics, I didn't get to take very many. In fact, there was quite a bit of time when I wasn't even in the vicinity of my camera. I don't know what made me think I would be. But there were lots of pictures taken by friends, family, and the professional photographer and when I get my share of them, I will share some of them with you. In the meantime, this will have to do. I took this right after helping Sarah get all decked up in her dress.


Have a nice evening.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh.... she's beautiful! Congratulations to the bride, the groom and the (exhausted) mother of the bride. And best wishes for future happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter looked lovely...and look at your masterpieces on her hands! Perfect touch! We had games at our wedding too...card games and board games only though...but everyone was so busy eating only a few played. Twister sounds much more fun, especially for the people cracking up on the sidelines:)

    ReplyDelete