"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/19/09

Stupid Furnace!

My furnace is trying to kill me! It's trying to bake me to death. It got up to 76 degrees in here today and I had a door and window fully open and the furnace turned off! It's not actually turning off, even though it says it's off. This is the same problem we had before. I called the furnace guys. They sent Jeff over right away.

Jeff has figured out what is actually wrong with it this time. One of the heating elements is broken and was touching something inside the furnace that was grounding it so power was flowing through said element, thus keeping it heating at all times. He has disconnected the offending element and will call me as soon as he can find out how much a new element is gonna cost. He did not leave us heatless though. We still have some elements that work properly so we won't freeze.

In the meantime the weather predictors are saying 50's by the weekend. Ooooo.....I could get into that!

I never did write about what was keeping me so busy over the weekend, did I? On Saturday we threw the official Engagement Party for Sarah and Frank. I was busy planning and executing the party. Whew! It was a lot of work, but it went marvelously. I picked Saturday for this occasion because it was Pi day-- 3.14. One year ago that day Frank proposed to Sarah and she said yes. He picked that day because it was Pi day. (Have I mentioned my daughters are a bit on the geeky side?)

No more parties now until it's warm enough to shove everyone outside onto the deck. It was shoulder to shoulder standing room only in our little house. Everyone had a good time though, including the honored couple.

We had tons of food too. I asked family to bring some things. I rotisseried 2 good sized beef roasts on the bar-b-que grill. They turned out so tender and delicious. I'm quite proud of myself. When they were done I had Sweet Hubby bar-b-que what turned out to be a very good large salmon fillet. I made potato casserole, green salad, and bought an ice cream cake all decorated for the event. All that added to the casseroles and side dishes brought by the family made for a nice delicious huge pile of food to eat. Twas yummy!

Unfortunately, I was so busy keeping the guests happy I didn't have a chance to take photos. I know some folks did though. Maybe they'll share with me? Please?

I gave up on finding the buttons and went and got some more. Now I just need to sew them on on the cardigan.

In the meantime, I've gone back to working on my honeybee stole. It feels good to be back at it.


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment