"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/10/09

Ramblings

Yesterday I spent a good deal of time getting to know my new phone. I read the manual, which really doesn't help much when it comes to answering my questions about things. So I went to the Verizon wireless web site for the answers. I'm kind of disappointed in the little fun things on the phone. My old phone had pretty ringtones, cool wallpaper, and a couple neat games to play. Now, if I want that stuff I have to buy them separately. ('cept for the wallpaper. I can make my own, so I will be setting up some kind of pretty yarn configuration soon for the camera) That just truly sucks. So, no games for me right now.

I had to have a decent ringtone though. So I figured out how to purchase one and download it into my phone. I decided I wanted cheerful music greeting me. I found the most cheerful tune I could think of. Now, when I get a call I will get to hear Singing In the Rain, as played by Clockwork Orange-whoever that is. At least, I assume I will. I guess I won't know for sure until someone calls me. Oh yes, and it's PURPLE!

Jack Frost was having a temper tantrum all day yesteday. The end result was about 6 inches of new snow. I'm not upset though. Not even when I had to shovel a path for the dogs so they'd go outside to do their business cos I know that by the weekend it will have all been melted off. Miss Spring's fu is stronger this year. My friend already has crocuses sprouting in her garden.

I don't know about you, but I find this disturbing:

On AOL News

Fox News

Canada.com

Freedom Under Fire video (Lou Dobbs on CNN)

I think Morgan is almost completely blind now. Poor little guy. He seems to be adjusting fairly well to his handicap though. He runs around the house like Speedy Gonzales and throws his toys around in the air like he can see, but I know he can't. If I put a box on the floor and he doesn't know it's there, he runs into it.


He misses when he tries to jump on the bed now. Twice this past week he thought he was jumping on it and wasn't even pointed in the right direction. So I am now training him NOT to jump up on the bed. I pick him up instead. I am worried that he could seriously injure himself, like breaking a leg. Don't want that to happen.

I've noticed that if he and I are going through a doorway he 1) waits until I am in the doorway before approaching it. 2) If I'm standing on the left side of the doorway he goes through the doorway fine. 3) If I'm standing on the right side of the doorway he runs into the wall. 4) If I stand in the middle of the doorway he runs into me. I need to make sure I stand on the left, don't I?

I'm really paying attention to him. He can't see at all. I think that just sucks. He's always been such a good boy. He doesn't deserve this.

I have finished one sleeve on the baby cardigan and am about 2/3rds of the way done with the other sleeve. Yazi shots earned-8. (I've only consumed 4 of them.)

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment