"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/27/09

What I've Been Up To

In no particular order, here's some of what I've accomplished this week, so far-in no particular order.

I have finally reached the point where I've edjumacated myself enough that I feel confident to start making the flowers for my daughters wedding bouquet. I'm starting with the carnations.
These are just the first pieces for the first flower.


I have about 5 more pieces to make and I can put it together. I am planning to make 5 carnations at the moment. However, I've been asked to make flowers to put on the wedding cake too, so a couple more may be in order.

Finally, after tinking the heel no less than 5 times, I got it RIGHT!


Now, after getting the gusset going I've discovered I made a mistake in the stitch pattern back about 3 inches after the ribbing. There's an extra row in it. ARrrrrrrghh........ I am not tinking that heel again. The mistake is now officially a design element. I may even put it in the second sock just to be ornery.

I went grocery shopping. They had fresh raspberries. In February!! This is a first for my favorite local food foraging center. They're one of my most favorite fruit in all the universe! I could not leave without enough to make a pie. I emptied the checking account for this pie.



It didn't even come pre-baked or anything. I had to make it myself, from scratch. So add the cost of labor Although close, this is not the most expensive pie I've ever made. I just wancha to know that.

Yazi shots earned so far-4.


Baby sweater is coming along nicely. I'm almost to the armholes.

My days are getting busier. Especially Wednesdays and Thursdays. It's a good thing. I get to interact with other humans. One of my projects in the works is a weekly knitting class that will be held on Thursday mornings, 10:30am-12:30, at CDA Yarn and Fiber. I'm aiming for the class to start near the end of March.

I'm thinking of naming it Workshop with Linda Jo. Basically it will be a class where students can learn anything they want about knitting. You want to learn how to knit socks? Come to the class. Tell me, I'll teach you. Cables, fairisle? I can teach you that. Never knit a stitch before? I love teaching beginners. Wanna do some bead knitting-come to me baby. Bought a kit and need someones hand to hold? Come see me. I'm really good at hand holding. Everyone will probably be working on something different, but I've done that sort of thing before so I know how to handle it.

When I had my own store, these were the classes that I had the most success with. Trying to get a class going for a specific subject is hard. This way if someone asks Andrea if she has a class on a particular thing she can say yeah-we have this one.

I will make an official announcement here on the blog when we get all the details ironed out.

Oh look! Sunshine outside." Hello my lovely. Long time no see......"

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment