"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/11/08

Kiwi Green Stulpen

They're done, blocked, and washed. Just need to be wrapped now. I had to soak and wash them twice to get all the coffee out. I got a bit worried for a bit there. Thankfully, it all came out the second time. I've come up with, in my opinion, a clever way to display them for a photo. I made a model of my hand with cardboard. Took all of 10 minutes (most of that time spent looking for a piece of cardboard to use). Now you can see how they look on the hand, and off.

Kiwi Green Stulpen

Pattern: Stulpen by Petra

Yarn:
Opal Uni Solid 4ply sock yarn

Content: 75% superwash Wool/ 25% Nylon

Colorway: #1266 Kiwi Green

Needles: Size 2 Addi Circulars.

Ca
st on: November 28, 2008
Completed: December 4, 2008

Comments: I love these. They look so elegant, but they really were very simple to make. I did make a change. The pattern calls for sport weight yarn. I used fingering weight sock yarn. So, if you wish to do the same, here's what I did.

I cast on 72 sts instead of 60. In the chart, I added 2 purls and 1 knit on each side. I started with Knit 1 on each round. This centered everything nicely. I then followed all the rest of the instructions as written except for where I put the thumb increases. You put them after stitch 36, and before stitch 39 for the right glove For the left its before stitch 1 and after stitch 70. It worked out perfect!

Sweet Hubby asked me to take some pics of the boys by the Christmas tree. Morgan cooperated quite nicely.


Tommy, on the other hand....

I gave up trying to get him to sit by the tree. He was just too excited about getting his picture taken. So I tried to get him to sit in his bed on a chair (in hopes he'd calm down a bit). I got him posed all perfect. Snapped the picture, and got this.

Umm...Tommy?

Several tries later, he finally settled down, and even gave me a sweet smile.


Silly boy!

Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. That picture of Tommy smiling is priceless! What a precious face. Morgan is quite the model, too!

    I love the way you did the mitts! It gives me some ideas for my sock yarn stash. Now to find the time!

    Is your gnome done yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures - I'm glad Morgan is feeling better.

    I LOVE your idea for the cardboard hand - do you mind if I borrow it at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mitts look great--it IS an easy, fun knit isn't it! I can't wait until after the holidays so I can knit another pair for myself!

    ReplyDelete