"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/26/08

WIP Wednesday 11/26/08


Wow, it's been almost a month since I've done an official WIP Wednesday post.


I posted pics of the gnome yesterday, so won't do that again. This is a pic of the lace scarf I'm making. It's about halfway done now. Doesn't it look soft? It is!



I'm also done with the heel and halfway through the gusset of my sock. But I didn't feel like taking a pic of it when it looks just like the one I took of the first sock of the pair at this stage.


On the beading front--ornament fever has abated. I'm now working on something tubular because that is the subject of this months Learn2Bead project. I started out learning African Helix, but after learning it, not liking it, and frogging it, I decided I wanted to work on a Minerva Spiral instead. This is it, so far.




Well, I've got a bunch of cooking to get done. I'm in charge of making cranberry sauce for the family Thanksgiving celebration this year. I'm also making a cheese ball, and a pumpkin pie.


Here's my favorite cranberry sauce recipe. Even people who say they hate cranberry sauce love this sauce.


Ingredients:
1 lb. package of fresh cranberries
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup brandy


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
Mix cranberries, sugar, and brandy and pour into a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
Place on a cookie sheet, then bake in oven for 1 hour. Stir after removing from oven.


Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment