"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/21/08

I Was a Bad Girl

First order of business: I heard from Heide, the winner of my contest. So the contest is officially over. Thanks to everyone who entered. It was fun!

Yesterday I went out to lunch with some friends. First time I've been able to do that since the surgery. Oh man, I had so MUCH fun! It felt so good to be out with them.

It was the first time my friends have seen the new short hair cut. They liked it! They even told me it makes me look a lot younger. Hmmm...maybe I'll keep this style for awhile. LOL!

After lunch my friend Phyllis and I checked out the new yarn shop-Coeur d'Alene Yarn and Fiber. It has officially opened! It's a fairly small shop, but oh, the yarns are so yummy! She's carrying the kind of stuff I love. Wools, silk, alpaca, bamboo, cotton-lots of natural fibers in incredibly yummy colors. She has them very well displayed too.

There was Malibrigo yarn in that shop. It's raved about on Ravelry, but, since I'd never actually seen any of it in person I didn't know what all the fuss is about. OMG! Now I know! It is so soft-softer than cashmere. Yet, it's wool. The colors are absolutely gorgeous! I could not help myself.


I need more sock yarn like I need another hole in my head. I did it anyway. I bought 2 skeins of the softest sock yarn on the planet-Malibrigo 100% Superwash Merino Wool sock yarn.

This one says the color is Rayon Vert.


I hope it shows on your monitor, but I suspect it doesn't. It's lime green with burgundy, brown, and eggplant purple. Makes a gorgeous combination.

This one is named Solis.


Teals and greens. Yum! I need to join SYA (Sock Yarns Annonymous). I will probably never be able to knit up what I already have, and yet, I bought 2 more skeins of the stuff!

I finished the first of the Opal Petticoat 1292 socks.


I love the way this stitch pattern looks with this colorway. Yum! I can hardly wait for the second one to be done so I can wear them! I did something just a little different. Usually I cast on 60 sts for socks for me, when using the basic pattern. I like my socks to fit snuggly, but my left leg-and ankle-is a bit larger than it used to be (thanks to the murderous post surgery clot) so I added 4 sts. I also added just a quarter inch to the length of the foot. So much more comfortable. It's amazing how much just a little bit can do for a sock.

I also started a scarf for Knitwits.


I'm using Fluff Print from N.Y. Yarns in Evening Blue (so soft to the touch!), and a strand of Bernat Softee Baby in Bongo Blue. This is, probably, my most favorite scarf pattern.

Cast on 21 sts, size 13 needles, K2, YO, K2tog across, ending with K1. Repeat that row over and over till you get to the length you want. Typically, it takes about 200 yards to get about 5 feet of length.

Today I am cleaning the house. Ruth is coming home from school for Thanksgiving break. She's bringing her cat, Lindy, with her. This should provide an interesting week.

Now, I leave you with a video I found on Youtube. It's titled:
Pardon Me (I didn't knit that for you)

1 comment:

  1. The yarn and socks are lovely!

    Re your sock yarn stash - There is a woman named Judi Meisner who will knit socks on her antique sock machine in exchange for either a skein of yarn for her use or $6.00 a pair. I sent her a ton of sock yarn and the socks she sent back are gorgeous! If you are interested, contact me via email -
    dfuller55 at verizon dot net
    She truly alleviates yarn stash guilt! lol

    ReplyDelete