"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/8/08

WOW! Entry for September

I thought I'd get the WOW! entry done for this month while I'm thinking about it. This is a skein of Opal Petticoat 1296. It's purples, lime green, yellow, white, and a very nice heathery light brown.


I cast on for a sock that takes no thought with this yarn over the weekend. I am too anxious about the coming surgery to work on Bayerische. I found myself tinking more than I was knitting. It's just a bit too complicated for a mind that is dumping things out faster than I can put them in (I get real forgetful when anxious). So I'm putting it to the side for a bit, until I'm recovering, and more relaxed, and need something fun to work on.

Ah yes, the surgery. I met my surgeon, Dr. Holman, on Friday. I like him very much. He has a very kind demeanor, and treated me with respect, which I've found is a rare quality in doctors. He checked me out, told me what's gonna happen, what to expect for recovery, answered all my questions, and passed me on to the front receptionist to schedule the day. I feel quite confident in his abilities. He seems to know his stuff, and he's done hundreds of hernia surgerys over his career.

September 15th is the day, the time is 2:00 pm. He says I'll be in and out in just a few hours, barring any unforeseen circumstances of course.

Since knitting is hard for me to do when I'm anxious, and beading actually relaxes me when I'm anxious (so does counted cross stitch-but that's another story), I started a major beading project yesterday. I'm working on a Christmas ornament cover.


The topic for this month in my Yahoo beading group is netting. It occurred to me that I don't have to make jewelry. So I dug this pattern out. It's a Cathy Lampole design called Faith Victorian. I've chosen pale yellow and a dark red violet that makes me think of my Mom's blackberry jam for the colors.

Over the weekend I pretty much took it easy. I'm supposed to do that for the next few weeks. This hernia is pretty nasty and we don't want it to get worse.

On Saturday I went with Sweet Hubby in search of a new chair for his office. He wants a really really sturdy one. SH is a rather large fellow, 6'5", and not a light guy. Most chairs are designed for people who weigh 225 or less. If you weigh more than that, you automatically void the warranty when you sit in it. They tend to wear out in just a year or two for him. He wants something rated more for 300 lb, so it will last forever! Now, a large percentage of the population weighs more than 225. The stores around here seem to have missed that observation. We were unsuccessful. We came home in dejected defeat. He's gonna have to order something from the internet.

On Sunday, I puttered in the yard, enjoyed the sunshine, beaded, and watched movies. All in all, a very relaxing day.

Today I'm going out to lunch with Sarah and Frank. They invited me this morning. Hmmm....I wonder what's up?

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment