"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/8/08

Hoops of Fun

That title took some thought. Heh heh. I've taken a brief break from knitting socks. Last night I made a pair of earrings. I joined an earring swap some time ago. We're getting near the deadline, so I better get them done.

Holler for Hoops


They're hanging on my currently blooming orchid. (Yes, those are lime green and violet blooms!)
I'm still having a hard time believing that I can grow orchids. Anyway, back to the subject.

The pattern for these earrings is in the current issue (Aug. 08) of Bead and Button magazine. They're done in peyote stitch.


I'm almost done with a Turkish loop bead crochet necklace. Just need to put the clasp on.

Did I mention I've won a contest? I've been part of the Sock A Month knitalongs for just over a year now. I've won a prize for last months sock entry. I am SO excited! The prize is a skein of sock yarn (hurray!), some really pretty stitch markers, and a hand made needle case. I can hardly wait for it all to get here.

Today Ruth and I are heading into Coeur d'Alene to visit Harmony Yarns. She has finished her gauntlet fingerless gloves and wants to start another pair. We go to buy sock yarn.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment