"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/17/08

Disturbing News

Usually, my morning routine consists of getting up, visiting the 'ladies' room, letting the boys out for morning business, getting my cup of coffee, then turning on Good Morning America and knitting myself awake while watching the news. However, it's Tour de France time, so for the last couple weeks my mornings have been lacking the news. Instead, I get to watch bony butts bouncing on bicycles. Whoopdeedo. In the interest of keeping Sweet Hubby happy, I'm putting up with it. (Sigh...) So, this morning, while the butts bounced, I decided to grab my laptop and prowl the news sites to catch up.

How did this bit of news get by me? :

InBev Buys Anheuser-Busch for $52B

I am appalled. Granted, I don't like any of the beers AB makes, but still, this is an American institution. AB is right up there with baseball, hot dogs, the Lincoln memorial, Disneyland, Dolly Parton, and apple pie. How did this happen? Why is there not more outrage going on in this country? Billions of U.S. beer dollars are now going to be leaving our country and going to Belgium. ...... I don't know what else to say.

The mind is boggled!

Well, how about some FO pics. (Finished Objects) I think I promised I'd show you Ruth's fingerless gauntlets.


Pattern: Gauntlets from Not Just Socks by Sandi Rosner

Yarn: Opal Crocodile in Green/Cream

Needles: Size 2 double pointed (I tried to talk her into learning the 2-circ method. She'd have none of it.)

Comments: Ruth loves the pattern, loves the gauntlets, loves working with dpn's (she must have got that from her fathers side of the family). She found the yarn fascinating to work with because of the way the pattern changed as she knit. She's actually started a second pair to give as a gift to one of her friends.


Here's my baby with Grandkitty Lindy.


I finished the Opal sock before lunch yesterday. I got excited about finishing I guess and couldn't stop knitting until it was done. Now, if I could just get that feeling for the Charade sock.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment