"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/28/08

WIP Wednesday 5/28/08


I almost didn't post anything today cos I keep thinking it's Tuesday, and I didn't really have anything to say. Then I remembered it's Wednesday. Time for some WIPs!

This is a dinosaur I'm making for Knitwits. The pieces are done. I just have to sew them together. I'm thinking I'll do that after I get my Pomatomus socks done-which should be any day now.


The second Pomatomus is almost done. I've done another fantastically perfect heel turn. I'm halfway down the foot. Should have this done in a day or two at most. I'm thinking I might not wear these ones until after the North Idaho Fair next August cos they'd make a good entry-unless I knit some even better socks this summer.



On Monday the kids went for a walk on the Parkarosa and brought back this big bouquet for me. There are a couple lilac bushes in the woods that my husbands sister, Helen, planted years and years ago (She passed away from cancer a long time ago too). They're pretty much wild now. We call them Helen's lilacs. Anyway, they're blooming. There is some Oregon Grape in this vase too.



For those of you who have lilac bushes-- a tip to make the blooms last longer in the vase. I've rarely had any last longer than 2 or 3 days in the past. But I got a hold of a package of that powdered stuff florists give out to add to the water in the vase to extend the blooms life? It's working. My lilacs look just as good today as they did Monday. No wilt whatsoever.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank my readers for the tips in the comments of the Grosbeak post on how to attract Cardinals. Unfortunately, all the tips in the world will not help me. Cardinals do not live in this part of North America. But just so you'll know, I do have suet cages, and a flat platform with seed spread on it too. The suet cages attract the woodpeckers, and some Starlings. I'm not real fond of Starlings, but oh well.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment