"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/5/08

Teaser

I had kind of a difficult weekend. I had all kinds of plans because we were having gorgeous weather, but most of them didn't take place because I acquired a monster sinus headache that started Friday night and I still have it. One of those really really bad sinus headaches. The kind that makes my vision blurry, the eyes sensitive to light, the brain unable to complete thoughts, and doesn't seem to respond to any of my pain killers. So I ended up taking it easy because I could hardly function.

Ruth came home for the weekend. She needed to get away from the drama that has become life with her room mates. This is finals week. I told her to hang in there. Just one more week to go and then she'll get a nice summer vacation. She'll be moving to a new apartment and a new room mate for next year too.

She's coming home next weekend, mostly to drop of Lindy. I'm going to be cat sitting the Grandkitty. The following week after finals she's off on a geology field trip for three weeks. They're going somewhere in Montana.

On Saturday Sweet Hubby and I took care of some necessary pruning. There was quite a bit of damage from the snow to the shrubs and bushes in the yard. I also did some weeding.

Weeds have begun to grow in my flower beds. This year I'm trying a new method-for me anyway. I got me a big jug of Round Up. It's the only way to get rid of the Canadian Thistle. The stuff is relentless. You yank it out, but if there's just one molecule of root left the darn stuff comes back-and brings friends. I'm stepping the war up a bit. I'm giving the little suckers a squirt as soon as they poke their heads above the beauty bark.

I worked on my book for a bit. Here's a picture from the most recent finished pattern.



Yes, a teaser. I've decided not to show the whole projects for my book. Just bits. Besides, I was playing with my camera's ability to take close ups, along with my new Photography for Dummies book. I did not do any editing of this photo, except to resize it smaller. Amazing, huh? Have I mentioned I love my camera?

On Sunday I vegged. Sweet Hubby ran in the Bloomsday Race. I stayed home and worried about him. I mean, he ain't the buff 20 year old he was the last time he ran the race. He arrived home about an hour earlier than I expected. He did okay. He ran the 7.5 miles in less than 2 hours, and he wasn't completely dead when he got home. He was even able to get up and go to work this morning. I am so very proud of him.

I did a bit of beading Sunday. Just a bit. I was trying to work on a pair of earrings for the swap, but the headache was interfering too much. I finally gave up. I decided to sit on the deck and watch the birds instead.

Oh, I did a bit of knitting too. Made some progress on Pomatomus.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment