"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/22/08

Sock Close Ups

Wednesday was a knitting day for me. I worked some on the book project, but mostly I worked on the second Pomatomus sock. Here are some close ups I took of the first sock.


The amazing gusset corner-no hole! ('Cept where there's supposed to be holes.)



The awesome toe



I love this stitch pattern with this yarn. The way the light plays on it is wonderful.



This last photo is my daughter Ruth's new project. She's making a pair of fingerless mitts with a spiral rib pattern in them. She's using green Opal Crocodile sock yarn which I think is discontinued now. The advantage of having Mom's stash to dig in I suppose.


Greyback is still hanging around the yard. He's been decimating the wild Service Berry bushes, which are in full glorious bloom right now. I unloaded the pistol of a full compliment of paint balls on his rear end yesterday, and he didn't even blink. I gave up in disgust.

Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, paint balls, eh? I guess he isn't greyback anymore! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is one gorgeous sock. Love the curved lines.

    ReplyDelete