"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/1/08

Kimono Knitting

I'm posting kind of late today. I've been busy, gallivanting around Post Falls spending my hubby's hard earned money. Beading Buddies was having their annual Store Anniversary Sale. 30% off everything in the shop. Gotta take advantage of that!

I found a new knitting book (not at the bead shop, at Borders). I love it.

Knit Kimono by Vicki Square




Besides some awesome Kimono patterns, it also contains fascinating information on the history and meaning of the various Kimono styles.


I like the shape and style of Kimono's. They are a classic style that looks good on just about any body shape. Even mine-which could be described as undertall and overwide. I come by it honestly. My whole family is that way-'cept Uncle Jerry. Uncle Jerry is OVERtall and overwide.


I've always wanted to knit a Kimono, but somehow just never found inspiration to get doing it. This book does it for me.


I took pics of my 4 favorite patterns in the book. This last pic is my most favorite.


It was a beautiful sunny day today! It actually got up to 45F. It felt so good. Probably one of the reasons I didn't come home as soon as I could have. I didn't want to get out of the sunshine, it felt so good. The cats stayed out all day too, sunning themselves on the front porch (and probably giving the birdies a hard time).

In 3 days the birds have completely emptied my feeders. It usually takes a month to 6 weeks. Yikes! They be hungry little critters.

I now have 2 male Red Crossbills, no females yet, and a pair of Redpoles. I've never had Redpoles before either. I think the unseasonably late melting of the snow has shortened their food supply. It's hard to eat seeds and bugs when they're buried under an obscene amount of snow. I will try to get pics of the Redpoles. They don't stay still for 1 second, so every time I pushed the button, I'd get a pic with no bird in it.


Dear Snow Fates:
Reason number 4 for moving to Australia: This place really NEEDS snow!


My daughters fiance will help you pack.

Have a great evening.

1 comment:

  1. I love that kimono. Do you know of any patterns available without purchasing the book?? I definitely want to try that! And what type fiber will you use?
    Thanks, Nancy

    ReplyDelete