"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/7/08

Hot Pools and Filbert

We arrived back from our trip Sunday afternoon. I had a wonderful time, but I didn't get much sleep so I took a long nap when we got home, then went to bed early.

So, where was I? I was with Sweet Hubby and his family soaking in a hot springs pool at a resort in Montana, eating really tasty food, and drinking rum for 4 days.

We felt the need to get away from the oppressive snow. Where we went, they had no snow. It was wonderful! In fact, the grass was actually long enough that it needed mowing. There's a field along side the river across the road from the resort that I was able to let the boys run around in. They haven't had a run in grass in months. They loved it! They raced all over chasing Robins, and each other.

We all arrived home totally overfed and relaxed. It was a wonderful trip.

While away, I took Filbert along with me and finished him.

Say hello to Filbert!

He's sitting on a Montana rock.


Filbert is Ferdinan's younger brother, though he is a bit taller.


Pattern: Yuletide Gnomes by Alan Dart

Yarns: Unknown brand of worsted weight 100% acrylic in peach. Unknown brand of sport weight acrylic/nylon Pompador yarn in pastel ombre. Paton's Canadiana in #201 Light Teal. 1 skein Dark Horse Yarns Lovely Lash in color #102, 1 skein Sensations Cello in white.

Needles: Size 5-24 inch Addi Turbo Lace Circulars, Size 10-24 inch Addi Turbo Circular.

Comments: I knit the size medium, which is why Filbert is a little taller than Ferdinan. I double stranded the sport weight yarn to get gauge. He came out 20 inches tall from the tip of his hat to the bottom of his feet.

1 comment:

  1. I've met Filbert in person and he's even cuter than his picture.

    ReplyDelete