"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/12/08

WIP Wednesday 3/12/08




I started this yesterday at bead group.


It's a strap for another book project. The amulet is kind of heavy cos there's lots of beads on it, so I'm going to use a little bit thicker strap. I'm doing 3-bead netting with silver lined light topaz size 11's and transparent pale pink Delicas.

The only knitting WIP's are the Jaywalkers and the Margaret Tudor-but I've made no progress on them so why bother taking pics? Not that I didn't try to make some progress. I worked on the Jaywalker last night, but my eyes were really tired and aching. Apparently I couldn't see what I was doing. So I ended up frogging everything I knit. Back to where I was when I got home from bead group. Sigh....

I am thinking maybe I will put Margaret Tudor away for awhile-in hibernation. I just don't feel like making a sweater. I want to make little projects (gnomes). I'm really enjoying them right now. So, MT is "in the closet".

I'm having a lot of trouble with my eyes this week. They're aching, weeping, oozing, and generally feeling like my lids are made of extra coarse sand paper. It's really hard to do any crafting when they feel like that. I think it's snow mold. I'm allergic to mold. The snow is melting pretty quickly now and bare ground is showing all over the area-covered with a whitish stuff, which is mold that formed under the snow. We had some big wind yesterday, which picked up the mold and now it's floating in the air.

We are getting patches of bare ground here in the yard too. Under the trees mostly. The snow level is down to about a foot, except right around the house where it all got piled up from blowing out the driveway/walking areas and shoveling the roof.

I finished Ferdinan. He'll be posted tomorrow.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment