"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/14/08

Ummm...Ouch!

Yesterday I had something happen to me that has never happened before.

I laughed too much.

I didn't know a person could do that. But, they can. Let me tell you, it's painful. Here's what happened.

After I finished yesterdays post I went off to read some of the various blogs I like. I ended up on Crazy Aunt Purl, reading some back posts cos I missed a few. Her February 28th post was the culprit. It's about misheard song lyrics. If you need a really good laugh, I'd recommend reading it. But don't stop with the post----read the comments. They get funnier and funnier.

Warning, may cause extreme pain, but it's all very much worth it.

I laughed so hard and so long. I went through a dozen Kleenexes wiping the tears off my face, and just about coughed my lungs out from the asthma attack it brought on. My daughter thought I'd completely lost my mind. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

A couple hours later we (daughter Ruth and me) went to the grocery store and that's when it started. All those abdominal muscles that I used laughing, and my diaphram-which I use for breathing, started cramping up. I mean, serious - charley - horse - time. I couldn't even stand up straight I was in so much agony. I actually started to cry, and thought I was gonna pass out the pain was so intense! Needless to say, daughter and store clerks got pretty concerned. I didn't want to go to hospital. I knew exactly what was wrong. They helped me find the stuff on my list, rushed me through the checkout, told me to get personal with my heating pad, and took me home (daughter drove). I took pain killers, cuddled up to my heating pad, and eventually things started to calm down. I ended up taking a nap.

I learned 3 things from this experience.

1) The gals at the Steins IGA really care a lot about me. (Warm fuzzies!)

2) I'm not the only one who heard those lyrics wrong.

and most importantly:

3) You CAN laugh too much.

Who would have thought.

Have a funny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment