"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/5/08

Birth of a Gnome

I need to address something important before I get to the real business of todays post. Someone has posted a comment for the Contest Anonymously. I don't mind if you do that, but if you don't put your name in the comment somewhere I can't tell who you are. Therefore, all Anonymous entries without a name somewhere within the comment itself will not be eligible for the contest. If you don't have enough courage to say who you are, you are too chicken to win.

********************

When I got home from bead group yesterday I found Freddie chillin' on the couch, watching tv.


I have a problem with Freddie. I made him with the intention of donating him to Knit Wits. That is his whole purpose in life, to bring a smile into a needy child's life. Sweet Hubby has made it quite clear that he doesn't want me to put Freddie up for adoption. I told him I can make another one. He doesn't want another one. He wants Freddie. However, with much thought and consideration, I am going through with the adoption. I'm sorry Sweet Hubby, but I gave my word to Knit Wits and I have to keep it. I have our meeting this afternoon. So, it is with a heavy heart that I will be saying goodbye to Freddie. I know he will be happy in his new home.

Thus, the title of this blog. I started Ferdinan yesterday. Ferdinan is a distant cousin to Freddie. He's a north Idahoan Kootenai Gnome (Freddie is a Parkarosa Gnome), which means he's quite a bit larger than Freddie is.

I am trying this pattern out with worsted weight yarn. I know I will need to recalculate the beard pattern, but as far as the rest of it goes, I'm just using worsted yarn instead of sport, using size 5 needles instead of 3's, and following the pattern as written. So far, so good.


*********************


Joining WIP Wednesday

I've decided WIP Wednesday is a great idea, so I'm joining it. It's my understanding this was started by Anne of the How the West Was Spun blog. That's where I got the button. I will try to post a wip photo each Wednesday. For those of you who don't know what WIP is, it means Work In Progress. Here is this weeks entry. My Pink Jaywalker sock. I am really lovin' the colors.


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment