"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/22/08

Don't Hide Donuts on Top the Fridge

There are great advantages to being married to a tall guy when you are a short girl. The light bulb went out in the laundry room. Even when standing on the step ladder/stool I could not reach the lamp to change the bulb. This morning Sweet Hubby just reached up and changed it. No ladder, no step stool, not even a chair. How cool is that?

Of course, there are disadvantages too. For instance-I can't hide a batch of home made donuts on top the refrigerator. I learned that early in our marriage. Sweet Hubby has a little problem with control when it comes to sweets. I made 3 dozen super delicious deep fried sugar and cinnamon covered donuts. I knew he'd have a problem, so I put 6 on a plate and hid the rest on top the fridge. I couldn't see up there, therefore no one can see up there, right? HA!!!

After I went to bed that evening, Sweet Hubby ate the 'hidden' donuts. All of them. He was pretty sick the next day. I was extremely upset-more with myself than him. Of course, I should have thought of it! On top the fridge is eye level for him.

I learned my lesson. I hide things in the bottom cupboard now. He won't bend over all the way down to the floor to look for something.

Sometimes he complains cos I hardly ever clean the top of the fridge. I tell him I can't see it, therefore it doesn't exist. If he has a problem, the sponge is right there by the sink. That's how I clean the top of the fridge. Heh heh........

You can keep your red roses. I'll take the purple ones. Sweet Hubby got me these for our anniversary.



I got him a box of chocolates. Girls aren't the only ones who love them. We went out to dinner too. No place fancy this time. Sweet Hubby was in the mood for Fish n Chips. So we went to O'Malley's Sports Pub and Grill right here in Rathdrum. Sweet Hubby says they have the best Fish n Chips in the universe. I don't eat Fish n Chips so I'll take his word for it. I had the Country Fried Steak, with garlic mashed potatoes----mmmmmmm.....mashed potatoes.

Last, but not least, I've finished Franks brown socks.



Pattern: My basic sock pattern with 7x1 rib, and the Eye of Partridge heel.
Yarn: Fearless Fibers 100% Superwash Merino Sock in the Sublime colorway.
Needles: Circular size 2
Size: Mens medium.

My new Mens size sock blockers arrived yesterday, just in time. I'll give the socks to him tonight.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. My son and DIL are both super tall and when I visit them in Idaho I can't reach some of the important things in their kitchen.

    DH Bob is hardly any taller than I am. If there are donuts on our frig, we'd never know. Maybe I should go look?

    The socks turned out great. Now I want to see which sock blockers you picked. What's on the top of them? More moose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't leave snacks on top of the fridge because one of our cats sleeps there! Very pretty roses! Great socks too. Happy Anniversay!

    ReplyDelete