"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/25/08

It's Been Frogged

We got good news this morning from Sears. The back ordered snow blower parts were shipped just hours after the first shipment of non-back ordered parts. They should all arrive today. The weatherman still says snow tomorrow-and for the next 5 days afterwards. It's already clouding up out there. I'm looking forward to the heat wave (it'll get above 20 degrees F!).

I'm about a third done with the foot of the ILG sock. I worked on it last night and it was one of those occasions where I knit and knit and knit and didn't seem to be making much progress. I hate it when that happens.

Over in the side bar I have listed my current WIP's that I'm actually working on right now. One of them is the Baby Pinwheel Sweater. I've frogged it. It looks really cute in the pattern photos, but I just didn't like it for some reason, so I've decided to make it into something else. I have been surfing Ravelry for ideas and I think I'm going to try the Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman. As a rule, I'm not a Zimmerman fan, but I have to admit I'm intrigued by this pattern. I looked at what other Ravelry members have done with it and now I'm all excited about it. My favorite variations featured ribbed cuffs, a collar, and one person even added a hood to it. So cute! The pattern is in her book the Opinionated Knitter.

I have added a new free pattern to my other blog, Beadknitter Patterns. It's a hat pattern that I designed for my shop a few years ago. I used to give it out free with a yarn purchase. I call it the Duggles Hat because when I made one similar for Sweet Hubby (Doug) he loved it. He wore it a LOT. For the most part, my hubby doesn't like knitted stuff. He won't wear sweaters, hates hand knit socks (I know, how did we end up together?), I find it hard to find things to knit for him. This was one of my very few Doug successes. The hat has a very long top that can be wrapped around the neck as a scarf. So it's a double purpose garment. I've done this hat using a fairisle pattern instead of stripes a few times. It turns out really cute that way. I've often thought some kind of simple texture pattern in a contrasting solid color would look good too. So let your imagination run free.

If you decide to knit the pattern, let me know what you think.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment