"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/13/07

Yazzi Shots Earned So Far - 3

The Yazzi reward system is working. I worked so much on the lace cover yesterday my right pinky actually started to ache. I realized I was gripping the needle a little tightly with it and eased up. The ache went away, so I continued to knit until the eyes were so tired I could not focus on the stitches anymore and had to put it down for the evening. I'm 2 inches away from having the front done. Hurray! I'm being very careful to make sure everything is right too. I do not want to frog this yarn anymore. I savored my shot of Yazzi while watching reruns of Home Improvement on Nick at Nite.

I still wanted to do 'something' after that. I was in the mood to create. So I tried working on a beading project. Ha! I must have fried the brain or something. I don't know why I thought I'd be able to see what I'm doing working with size 11 seed beads when I can't even see the size 6 needle sized stitches in my knitting (which by my standards are darn big!). I gave up and went to bed.

I think I've been bitten by the Christmas bug. I want to put my tree up NOW! I'm already doing my Christmas shopping and planning the decorations for the house. I usually don't even think about this stuff until a couple days before Thanksgiving. Maybe it's because both my girls will be home for Christmas. The cruise might have something to do with it too.

Oh yes, something else I'm getting excited about. I've hooked up with another north Idaho resident on Ravelry. She is joining me in attempting to start a knitting group here. I've wanted one that meets once a week during the day either in Rathdrum, or near Rathdrum, ever since I closed the shop. I worked on it for awhile but hit some dead ends I won't go into here and put the idea aside for a later date.

This gal lives in Athol and told me of a new coffee shop/book store that's just opened up in Spirit Lake where we might be able to hold our meetings. Spirit Lake would be perfect. It's only a few miles from my house. We're going to get together and approach the owner of this new place to see if we can use her facilities. Knitting, coffee, and books, all in one place? Sounds like heaven to me.

If you live in the north Idaho Rathdrum/Spirit Lake/Athol area and would be interested in this adventure, please leave a comment to let me know. I'll post updates and info here.

I have beading group this morning, so I better get crackin'. Have a great day!

ETA -- Moose sighting!

Just as I hit the 'publish post' button I looked up and there was the Momma Moose and her baby of a few days ago in the front yard. I didn't have a disk in my camera. Rats! Couldn't take pics.

Mom was licking the thawed frost off the windows of my car! (Oh great! Now I've got moose slime all over my car windows.) I've never seen a moose do that before. Baby walked over toward me, kneeled down, and started munching on my geraniums in the flower bed under the windows. This is not acceptable behavior! I opened the window and yelled at her. Then I checked to see if my voice was working cos she didn't react at all. Momma moose reacted though. She walked over and glared at me-eye to eye. If there wasn't a screen in the window I could have reached out and smacked her on the nose. Then Tommy noticed. He started barking his little head off, which woke up Morgan and got him barking his head off. The moose decided that was too much noise to go with breakfast and slowly wandered away.

Ah Moose. I admire their attitude toward life.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to meet and knit in Spirit Lake next time I'm in Idaho.

    But, first I get to buy you lunch.

    Your moose storys are amazing and I've got to remember to look for Yazzi next time I go to the store.

    ReplyDelete