"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/30/07

Hangin' In the Bed

He has a long line of stitches along his abdomen, but they don't seem to be bothering him. Best of all NO DRAIN TUBES. I was expecting at least a couple, but as it turns out, they aren't a good thing in this case. Hurray! Doin' the Happy Dance!

Morgan is looking so good. His eyes are clearer. I'm convinced he must have been in pain before the surgery but wasn't complaining cos it was in his eyes. He's hangin' out in his favorite bed baggin' z's right now. So nice to have him home.

So, I managed to get the netted cap done on the Aurora Borealis. What an intense project! But it is going to be so gorgeous when it's done. I'm using shades of green and topaz. I'm taking it to Bead Group today to work on the fringe. I am going to make a substitution for the 30mm bugles and use 2 or 3 size 3 bugles in their place. I have a motive for doing this. I'm going to ask to display this in Bead It. I'm trying to use only beads that can be bought in her shop. All the crystals I've used are the Chinese faceted round ones she carries. I've discovered I really really like these crystals. They are very sparkley.

On the knitting front. I knit back those two rows I'd tinked on the swim suit cover, only to discover I'd knit the same mistake again. So I've had to tink them back again. I think a small rodent sacrifice to the knitting gods is in order. I must have a chat with the cats.

Off to Bead Group. Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad Morgan is home & doing better I cant't wait to see your Aurora Borealis project once your done. Hope your swim suit cover doesn't give you to much more trouble

    ReplyDelete