"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/2/13

She's Ready to Party!

Got the snaps sewed on the dress and took pics.


Lets Party!

Pattern: By me. (Not available)

Yarn: N.Y. Yarns Fluff Print in variegated pinks
Content: 100% Nylon, worsted weight
Yarn: S. Charles Collezione Ritratto in Northern Lights
Content: 53% Rayon/ 28% Mohair/ 10% Nylon/ 9% Polyester, DK weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 0 and 1

Cast on: August 5, 2013
Completed: September 1, 2013

Comments: I love how this turned out! I've adjusted the pattern for a perfect fit. It's not easy knitting with either of the yarns, but the trouble is worth it! There are 4 snaps in the back opening.




Pink furry yarn was used to make the yoke. This yarn is quite a bit thinner than the bulky yarn I used for the purple and black dress, so it was much easier to incorporate. I got gauge using one strand on the size 1 needles.



Ellie is ready to party!



I've cast on for another one. Haven't decided what color fur to use for the yoke. I have a couple different possibilities to choose from. I have a large supply of N.Y. Fluffy Print in my stash in several colors.

One more pic to share. I have 2 cherry tomato plants growing in large pots on the deck. They're producing now. Our first harvest. We ate them in salad tonight. Yum, were they every sweet and tasty!



We went through the whole month of August without a frost. I can't remember the last time that's happened. It's giving my tomatoes time to get ripe. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to see my blog using my
    iPad which does not have it bookmarked. So I tried to google it and found yours in the search. What a strange coincident, we have blogs with same name, . Both of us do similar things. Your work is gorgeous . I love your bracelets.
    Nice to see your work!
    Beads knitters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete