"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/26/13

Hurray for Rainbows!

It's a Rainbow day! Yes, I'm pleased with today's rulings from the Supreme Court. Hurray!




Instead of a WIP Wednesday post today, I'm doing a FO post. I've got 2 projects finished. First is the aqua and brown mens mittens I've made for Knitwits.


Aqua and Brown Mens Mittens

Pattern: Seed Stitch Stripe Mens Mittens by me, made for Knitwits.

Yarn: Soft by Red Heart
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Aquas/Browns

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 6

Cast on: June 6, 2013
Completed: June 25, 2013

Comments: Of course, I changed some things in this pattern. No seed stitch, and I added an inch in the length. I really love this yarn. It's very soft and nice to work with.




I have knit another pair of slippers for the 16 inch Ellowyne Wilde doll.



Pale Pink Doll Slippers

Pattern: Wovenflame's Doll Slippers

Yarn: Unknown Acrylic
Content: 100% Acrylic, fingering weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 3

Cast on: June 25, 2013
Completed: June 25, 2013

Comments: An easy peasy knit. I'm in the Imagining Ellowyne Wilde Yahoo group. We're having a Bingo game in July. I'm donating these for one of the prizes.

One of my Peonies is blooming. It only had 2 flowers this year. I want to share them with you.



The rain continues. It's warm rain. I'm glad of that. Still, I am very tired of rain. Rumor has it we're gonna get sunshine and temps in the 90's F this coming weekend. I'll believe it when I see it.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment